Thursday, September 02, 2010

Death of Capitol Records - Their Hollywood Tower Is Up For Sale

Countess was my one year project about the major label music industry. In the late nineties I formed and managed a band called Splashdown, and got them signed to Capitol Records. Please note: I was not the singer of Splashdown, I was the "singer" for Countess. Splashdown were amazing. We toured with The Lilith Fair and the band wrote songs for Titan A.E. and the TV show Charmed. Download the Blueshift album for free HERE. You will LOVE them. Oddly enough, my Countess CD and project was funded by MCA Records through a demo deal. It's interesting seeing this video again now as the major label record industry is dying a slow and painful death. The Capitol Records tower mentioned in this album and in the CD artwork is now up for SALE. We practically lived on the top floor for a year while we were embroiled in our label nightmare. I'm very happy to see that tower fall.

A Countess video featuring live footage from The Paradise in Boston:

And here are some fan posted YouTube "videos" for Splashdown: